Friday, May 18, 2007

Let the Madness Begin!!! OMFG, DUDE THE YANKEES!! HOLY CRAP, BEST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE!

Today marks the beginning of the most over-hyped series of the season. The Mets play their division rivals... wait... their league rivals... wait their intra-city rivals who are in absolutely no direct competition with the Mets in any meaningful way whatsoever. Having said that it would be nice to see three Mets wins, and three Yankee losses (not because I dislike the Yankees for any reason other than that I believe they are bad for baseball- see their $190MM payroll, and yes I know that the Mets have the 3rd highest payroll in the game, AND for the record I'm a proponent of a hard cap and a floor on salaries in MLB. I'd like to see something in the vicinity of $150MM as a cap and $30MM as floor, but I digress).

The thing I'm most looking forward to this weekend: screaming to Jeter, "THIRD BEST SS IN NY!!" Now THAT will be sweet justice on a man who arrives late to backup a simple double-cut to home on a double to RF.

In terms of preview we've got Pettitte-Perez, Rasner-Glavine, Clippard-Maine. The Yankees come in a little cold, having lost 6 out of their last 10. Hopefully the Metropolitans can start off the series with a win tonight. Ollie's been pitching well all year (save his 4/11 start against Phi),
and there's no reason for Peterson's Grand Reclamation Train to run off course tonight.

1 comment:

Ken Dynamo said...

have fun in new york my friends. i'll be enjoying WaPo's coverage of Joe Gibbs' latest bowel movement.