Monday, June 23, 2008

mmmm... meat cake

George Carlin died yesterday and posts about him are popping up all over the baseball's blogdom because he once did a classic bit about baseball vs football and also because George Carlin fucking rules.

I was hooked on George Carlin every since i heard him utter the word 'meat cake'. I even saw him preform stand up live, when I was in middle school. He was practicing his routine for an HBO special and when he got tired testing out new material he just talked about farts for a half an hour. And that was the greatest 30 minutes of my life.

I bought a poster from that performance and I still use it today to cover up a hole put in my basement's wall put there by some asshole friend of mine. It's a great conversation starter for when babes come over.


So to get pumped up this week I was going to do a Carlin stand up video but I don't want to be just like everyone else out there so instead here's a clip from one of Carlin's forgotten movie masterpieces. He's not in this particular scene, but so what? You want Carlin, you know how to use youtube, god dammit.

No comments: